These resources are aimed at University Park graduate students; they may or may not be accessible to students at other campuses (Behrend, Capital, Hershey, Great Valley, World Campus, etc.).
Through the Graduate School and Affiliates
- Graduate Writing Center (here!)
- Editors for hire: See our Editing webpage
- Graduate and Professional Student Association
- Dissertation Boot Camps are $25 per semester; see http://sites.psu.edu/gpsapsu/
- Office of Graduate Fellowships and Awards Administration
- Helps organize workshops on grant applications; see http://gradschool.psu.edu/current-students/graduate-writing-center-workshops/
- Office of Theses and Dissertations
- Provides formatting review; see http://gradschool.psu.edu/current-students/etd/
Across the University
- Penn State Learning’s Writing Tutoring
- One-on-one sessions: https://pennstatelearning.psu.edu/tutoring/writing
- English for Professional Purposes Intercultural Center (EPPIC)
- Workshops and one-on-one sessions: http://www.eppic.la.psu.edu
- Career Resource Center
- One-on-one sessions focusing on job application materials: https://studentaffairs.psu.edu/career/counseling
- University Fellowships Office (UFO)
- Workshops and assistance with certain applications: https://ufo.psu.edu
- Office of Research Protections
In Your College
This section is under development. If you know of resources in your college not listed here, please let us know!
- Arts and Architecture: ?
- Agricultural Sciences: ?
- Business (Smeal): ?
- Communications (Bellisario): ?
- Education: ?
- Earth and Mineral Sciences
- EMS has a writer-in-residence and writing center, both of which cater to undergraduate students, but they may provide resources to graduate students. See http://sites.psu.edu/gileswriter/
- Health and Human Development: ?
- Information Sciences and Technology: ?
- International Affairs: ?
- Law Graduate Language Center, Online Legal Writing Center, specialized coursework. See https://pennstatelaw.psu.edu/practice-skills/legal-research-and-writing
- Liberal Arts:
- English Department offers courses in advanced writing, including technical writing and preparing articles for publication; contact Graduate Staff Assistant at http://english.la.psu.edu/faculty-staff/staff
- Nursing: ?
- Science (Eberly): ?